Acting and Modeling Agency Orange County  
Managing young actors and
models for successful careers
in entertainment


Entertainment Work Permits:
Entertainment Work Permits must be obtained for all minors in the state of California from 15 days old to 17 years old. There is no charge to obtain Work Permits. Babies under 30 days old, must sign the Work Permit Application. School-age kids, must have work permits signed by an authorized school official. When school is not in session (i.e., school break, vacations or holidays), either the minor's recent report card or letter from the school principal on school letterhead indicating that the minor is "satisfactory" in all academic subjects, health and attendance is required. For non-school age children, along with the completed application, bring a Certified Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Offical letter from hospital where born or Passport.

You may obtrain same-day Work Permits at the Van Nuys location only!

To apply for a Work Permit online, complete a username and password as a First Time User and follow the steps for printing the application and uploading the required documentation. Click on the link

Or, you mail mail a self-addressed stamped envelop along with the appllication to the Van Nuys address. It teaks around 8 weeks to receive the permit by mail, if you do not walk in with the application. WORK PERMITS ARE ONLY VALID FOR SIX MONTHS. Print the application at :

For more information visit:

6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 100
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 901-5484

Coogan Blocked Trust Account:
Coogan Accounts (a.k.a Blocked Trust Accounts and Trust Accounts) are required by the State of California, New York, Louisiana and New Mexico. In most instances, you will have to supply proof of a trust account prior to receiving a work permit. 15% of the minor’s gross wages are required to be withheld by the employer and deposited into the Coogan account within 15 days of employment. The parent must supply the Coogan account number to the employer. If not provided, the employer/payroll company will deduct 15% of the gross amount of your child's check and hold it until YOU provide or fax to them proof of the account with the account number. The money will be held in that account until the child is 18 years-old. You will never be allowed to withdrawl this money.

More information and a list of banks providing Coogan Accounts can be found at: